Monday, April 30, 2007

Trip To New Orleans

In March, I decided to take an extended weekend and drive to New Orleans for a long overdue restorative visit with family: Aunt Chookie (90 years young and going strong) and my cousin Pam, who was always like my big sister.

Our family dynamic is unusual in that we lived next door to one another. Pam and I had all of the benefits afforded by geography yet none of the rivalry/strife inherent in an immediate "under the same roof" sibling dynamic. Chook has been the significant maternal influence in my life. She was always there with positive affirming guidance, attention, and love as I was growing up.


Here are the pictorial highlights of the trip:



Well, one of these days I will master Adobe Photo and blogger.com. Until then turn your head 45 degrees to view Aunt Chookie's Voodoo Doll. She is lifting his "loincloth" to reveal her
latest incantations strategically positioned. So in addition to guidance, you can see she also shaped my warped sense of humor.

For my upcoming birthday, we went to a restaurant (near Hammond) on the Tcheunfte (Cha-funk-tah) River to indulge on seafood, shopping, and general fooling around....


"La croupier" settles the bill at Morton's for Sal's birthday lunch

Pam, La Chook, and Sal in front of Morton's after a delightful celebration

Sal on the Tchefuncte river.

No pictures of subsequent shopping. Wide angle lens not available to capture the amount of crap we bought on the Northshore and toted back to New Orleans.

No comments: