Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Humble Office



This is my little space. I am in the corner of the day area, so it's not what you'd call a quiet retreat. I have some speakers from home hooked up to my computer and my iPod can help muffle the noise of "milieu therapy" on the other side of my door. This was an interview room with profanity scrawled on the wall, no climate control, no drops for phone, computer, etc. It took me about 6 months to rehabilitate it for occupancy. The coveted window does not come without a price - it leaks with the slightest shower and the County has no intention of fixing it, but plants thrive here and so do I.


My view is of Texas Women's University, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist, and the back dock where the constables bring our involuntary clients from the EC.

No comments: