Wednesday, May 23, 2007

End of May Garden Shots

Every day I discover new blooms.


The varigated ginger plant that accents the front yard has never bloomed before.






A Tibetian Deer nestled in Creeping Juniper in the back yard




The requisite "Louisiana Yard Dog"....


In our climate and zone, the first blooms in my spring garden are the lovely pink buds gracing the barren branches of winter on the Japanese Magnolia I planted right outside my kitchen window. They last about 3 weeks. I was astonished to spot this bloom on the magnolia this evening, right before sunset. This is highly unusual for the end of May...

A trellis off the guest bedroom downstairs is beginning to color.



This bromeliad is at least 15 years old. It came from the greenhouse of T.I.R.R. (Texas Institute for Rehabilitation and Research) that is patient operated and driven.


My first agapantus bud. I have clumps of this all over the front yard. The flowers are a spectacular ball of fragrant blue/violet blooms.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm secretly coveting your agapantus! OOPS! I Guess it's not a secret now!LOL!
Laura BlueStar Acres